When playing any casino game, it never hurts to get a few tips to make the play more enjoyable, more rewarding or simply, more understandable. I have outlined some baccarat tips that I feel help towards playing a good game as well as clear up some of the mistaken beliefs hovering around. Baccarat, being a game of chance, attracts many superstitious individuals. So, if you're one of them, read these baccarat tips; they might just change your outlook on the game of baccarat.
- Because the 5% commission is not collected right away to avoid dealing with a lot of coins throughout the game, it's a good idea to keep track of how much you owe the casino. You have the option of paying the commission at the end of the shoe or whenever you're ready to leave. Always make sure that you have enough to pay it back at the end of the game.
- Scorecards and pencils are placed on every table for players to keep track of the outcome of every hand. Many players use these cards to discover patterns in an effort to predict future hands. You can save yourself some trouble and time, because looking for patterns will not help at all.
- Always keep in mind that past events, no matter how remarkable or unlikely, do not have any effect on future events. The game is completely random.
- Since you're not playing against other players, it makes no difference what everyone else bets on, how much the bet is, or what the order in which the cards are dealt in is. Everyone has the same chances without affecting another person's play.
- Because of the above fact, it also makes no difference where you sit at the table. Unlike blackjack, where your position at the table can help you play a more strategic game, in baccarat you can sit wherever you feel most comfortable.
- It doesn't matter how long you have been playing the game of baccarat; an experienced player has just the same chances as a novice. So, don't overwork yourself with practice, because this is one area where the saying "practice makes perfect" does not apply.
- The suit is irrelevant in baccarat.
Now, none of these baccarat tips are rules set in stone; therefore, you have the freedom to accept or reject them. The tips are meant to serve as a guideline as to how the game should be played to help you get the most out of it and, of course, play a smarter game. If, however, you still believe that your lucky pendant will help you win, well, what can I say but GOOD LUCK.